ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

my confession

I will confess that I carried my two boys out in the POURING rain today (without an umbrella), strapped them in the car, went to the gym, dropped them off at the play center, and got on an elliptical.  While at said gym, I got a text from a neighbor admiring my dedication to working out despite the torrential downpour.  But, and here's the confession---I had no desire to work out.  I just wanted to watch a television that I could hear without being interrupted to deny YET ANOTHER popsicle request.  Going to the gym today helped prevent me from being on the 5 o'clock news, looking craptastic in a mugshot for, well, doing what I might have done if I'd reached my boiling point.....and then, somehow, I got sucked into "Millionaire Matchmaker" (hey, don't judge me) and stayed for almost 2 hours, burning nearly 1000 calories on my "break."  That means I can have an extra serving of ice cream after dinner, right?

4 comments:

  1. I asked my mom to watch my boys for me Sunday while I went to "workout"... wOuldn't ya know it? I ended up at Dairy Queen by myself for two hours. You win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to laugh! I think that is an excellent confession and I am sure there are millions of mommies that have done the same!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The motivation that gets us to the gym is irrelevant...as long as we go. Gym time, for me, has always become a source of solitude, peace and general sanity-saving-time away from hubby and the kids. It's good you use the gym for that...better than using a bar. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done that too. I don't even feel bad about it. Being a mom is hard.

    ReplyDelete