ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Favorite Protein Drinks?

I have an appointment scheduled in TX on June 4.  Less than 2 weeks away!  Very exciting.  My plan is to fly down on Friday, June 3, see the surgeon on Saturday the 4th, then fly home on Sunday.  I'm hoping to have surgery in July but I don't even know if he's available at that time.  

I'm starting to think ahead though.  Can you guys tell me what your favorite protein drinks are?  I know most all of you are Bandsters but it appears the post-op diet is very similar.  

Can you tell me the brands of protein drinks that are your favorite?  Which ones are so terrible I shouldn't even try?

Which proteins mix well into coffee?

5 comments:

  1. None.

    Nah..I like the Click protein powders and I honestly like the Jillian Micheals powder from Walmart. It is a good price. I didn't like the unflavored for soups and stuff. I tried a bunch but those are the ones I continue to occasionally use. I eat greek yogurt. I love it. It isn't as sweet as regular yogurts and Chobani is my favorite although they are all good. Generally around 14g of protein a serving.

    The click protein powder is coffee/mocha flavored so I would guess those. If I put it in my coffee I add the powder to my cream or milk and use my little hand blender. That way there are no chunks of powder and it is more like a frothy coffee drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. I am going home right now and trying on my old shorts from last year! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Premier Nutricion pre-made shakes. They are just 160 calories and 30 grams of protein. I get them at Costco. They also have bars.

    I'm so happy things are progressing for you. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lee Ann - just found your blog. I hate, hate, hate protein drinks, but Click protein is good (and has caffeine!). I drank a lot of Carnation Instant Breakfast w/milk. It ends up having 12-14 grams which is not great but it tastes pretty. Good luck at your appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid I have no good advice for this one. I hate them all. I went basically a month without protein because I just couldn't stomach it. I was a bad patient. LOL

    ReplyDelete