ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

switching addictions

My mom has said several times that people who have WLS just "switch addictions."

She said people turn to alcohol or drugs when they can't turn to food.

I've heard of this phenomenon as well but I wonder how common it really is.

I can't ever see myself addicted to drugs or alcohol.  I can count on one hand how many alcoholic drinks I've had in the last year.  Granted, I was pregnant for much of that year.....but I didn't miss it at all when I was pregnant.  My youngest baby is almost 5 months old and I've had only one glass of wine since his birth.  And I would never do drugs or abuse prescription drugs.

Honestly, it kind of hurts my feelings when she says this.  She has no idea I'm planning on getting this surgery so I have no idea why I take it personal like I do.  It's almost as if she's saying, "Fat people are hopeless."

But that's not what she said.  That's me being sensitive....right?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, I think I would be offended too if my mom said something like that to me, whether or not she knew about my band.

    ReplyDelete