ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

get your greek on

I've never been the sorority type.  I'm talking about yogurt!  Yum!

Total Fage greek yogurt is heaven.  I've tried a few brands but this one is the best.  It's a bit pricey but Costco sells it for $5.86 and the container has 4 cups in it.  I go through 2 containers a week.  Wow, that's a $40 a month yogurt habit.

I mix one cup of it with 3T Splenda and a heap of cinnamon.  Mmmm mmmm mmm.  Creamy heaven.  It's even better with honey but those are the empty sort of calories I'm trying to avoid.

It has 0g fat, only 120 calories, and 20g of protein per cup.

And I mean---a FULL measuring cup!  Not a chintzy 4 oz yogurt cup.

It's the perfect non-breakfast Breakfast!  It's quick, it's yummy, it's loaded with protein to help you feel full.

Another thing it's good for is dessert.  Yes, dessert.  It satisfies my sweet tooth craving.

You can also dollop it on a baked potato and it takes just like sour cream.

I love it in smoothies too.  About 1/4C will turn a 16 oz smoothie into a dream.

I've heard that it makes a good substitute for oil or butter in baked good but I haven't tried that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment