Thursday, June 9, 2011
Rules of the Award
*Thank the person who gave you this award, and link back to them in your post.
*Tell us 10 things about yourself.
*Nominate your bloggers.
*Contact these bloggers, and let them know they received this award.
Thanks to Manda Panda and Rachel for nominating me.
1. I grew up on the Gulf Coast of Texas, near Corpus Christi.
3. I started working (a real W-2 job!) when I was in 6th grade.
4. Here's a partial list of jobs since age 12:
* babysitting in the church nursery
* renting out surfboards & selling beach parking permits
*selling books in a small mom & pop shop near the beach
* making pizza at Domino's
* writing, designing, and selling advertising for The Daily Texan (my undergrad newspaper)
* teaching science to hormonal teenagers in TX and CO
* right now I'm an occupational therapist, I love what I do and, while it's not the most lucrative career I could have chosen, it's one of the most rewarding
* actually right now I'm a SAHM, but I'll go back to working next year. I miss it.
5. Working at Domino's was my least favorite job but it came super handy for bribing the security guard at my off-campus dorm in college. He accepted free pizzas to let me into my dorm after curfew. That was the least of my infractions, however, and he turned a blind eye to things of a much more serious nature, but, since I used to be a teacher, and there's a slight risk a former student could stumble across my blog, so I will not divulge what kind of infractions those were. You'd think that a retired NYC police officer would have higher standards for pizza, but, I guess some men aren't picky. Thanks Steve. :) Wherever you are.
6. I've never traveled abroad. Sure, I've crossed the border into Mexico and Cananda...and I've visited at least 75% of states in the U.S.A. But I still haven't crossed an ocean. My younger brother was stationed in Germany when I was in college. My family left me behind to go visit him because I didn't have the money to pay for my own flight. Hey, I was 20, I could barely afford to put myself through school. But that's okay. I'm over it. Or am I?
7. I'm addicted to MAC cosmetics and love makeup.
8. I love crafts. Drawing, painting, scrapbooking, knitting, etc.
9. I wish I were a better cook.
10. My husband and I met at a restaurant in the summer of 1997 in Port Aransas, TX. He was a cook; I worked behind the bar and cleaned tables.
And next, I nominate Erica.
Posted by Lee Ann at 8:14 AM