ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

of course

Yesterday evening I went to pick up my new drug that got prescribed yesterday.

Not covered by my insurance.

Well, of course it's not!  OF COURSE.  What was I thinking, assuming that just because my doctor found it appropriate, the insurance company would agree?

So I didn't buy it.  $470 for a once month supply!  Umm, no.  For that I could just get surgery.  What the heck?

This morning I emailed my doctor to see if she could write a letter to the insurance company requesting they cover the drug.  When I lived in Denver a doctor did that for me to cover a medicine for my bladder issues and it worked.  So who knows.

7 comments:

  1. Wow. Literally for a year's worth of prescriptions you could have surgery in Mexico. :( I'm sorry you're having a hard time lately, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just a shame for a drug to cost that much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy! So sorry you are going through all of this. Keep doing what you are doing b/c it is working!! Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m sorry about all your insurance issues...I agree...its crazy and unfair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Rachel - most unfair.. (((huggggsssss)))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I'm so sorry! Like they say, when it rains, it pours. I think it's hailing for you at this point. But with rain comes rainbows... your luck is bound to turn around. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. $470? Wow, that is a lot. Crossing my fingers that you can get coverage!!

    ReplyDelete