ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Egg Le Muffins

Okay, forget that link I posted a few weeks ago to an egg muffin recipe. Here's one my husband came up with that's easier and has more protein & less carbs. It has 2 main ingredients. Are you ready? The following recipe makes 12 muffins.

4 eggs
3/4 C cottage cheese

Mix in bowl. Salt & pepper to taste.  Spray muffin pan. Pour in mixture, leaving a little room because they will rise a tiny bit. Top with shredded cheese.

If you wanted to add additional ingredients for flavor (such as bacon, ham, peppers, onions) it's best to add them to each individual muffin to ensure an even distribution.  Anything that tastes good in an omelet would work.  Just top with a tiny bit of cheese as your last step.

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

These whip up really quickly and make great snacks/meals to keep on hand when you find yourself hungry.

If you need a quick breakfast, leftovers zap up in 30 seconds in the microwave.

With my sleeve, I eat two for a meal and one for a snack.

*Estimated nutrition info per one plain muffin:

Protein: 4.6g
Fat: 3g
Calories: 50

***This was based on using 2/3C shredded Mexican cheese, but honestly I don't think I sprinkled that much on them.  Who knows?!  Next time I make these I'll measure out the shredded cheese before sprinkling so I can get a more accurate nutrition snapshot.










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

9 comments:

  1. I make a similar version using eggs and egg whites but I'll have to try adding cottage cheese...thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, that looks sooo good. gonna have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good. I used to make the little bites, but now that I am further out, they aren't really filling. I will have to try this! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, that looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!! I still do eggface mini-muffins and 4 is perfect. I will have to try these, the cottage cheese sounds like a good addition (although don't tell DH, he hates it but will eat it if sneaked into recipes...ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am going to try this soon! Looks so good, and my kind of easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe. I am recently sleeved, so I'd like to make these in mini-form. Any idea how long I would need to bake in the oven?

    ReplyDelete