1. My husband went to Vegas last week to get some "continuing education." This was the result:
The look on his face is pretty priceless, don't you think?
2. My husband is currently looking for a new job. Don't worry---he's still working. This job search has nothing to do with the above photo hitting Facebook! We've decided that it's important for our children to grow up with memories of cousins and grandparents. So LOOKOUT. We might be moving to Texas or Colorado. He has two interviews set up in Pueblo, CO next week. Exciting!!
3. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at houses on zillow.com and dreaming, trying to imagine us moving back to Colorado or Texas....
4. It's that time of year! Yarn, yarn, yarn. Me loves. Here is the right mitt I finished a few days ago. The left one is still on the needles.
4. Did you see that video of the Texas judge beating his daughter? It was burning up the internet yesterday! The mom in the video was one of my high school teachers. It was appalling on so many levels. Especially for me because I have so much respect for that woman (yes, despite the video). She made a lasting impression on me (in a positive way) and it's hard to read so many comments on the internet about what a horrible mother she must be. The mom and daughter appeared on The Today Show this morning: click here if you want to see the interview. Anyway, they are in my thoughts and prayers and I'd love it if you added them to your list too.
5. Wow, this is random and totally inspired by #4. When I was in high school, at the end of my senior year, when the school was giving out scholarships and awards, I got a very unexpected award from the teacher I just mentioned. Let me preface it by saying that every subject had a "top student." So, of course, the principal started with the smart people subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Calculus. I did not get any of those. Keep your panties on. Then he got to the easy subjects. When my teacher got up there to announce the "Home Ec Student of the Year," imagine my shock when she called my name. ME! Lee Ann! The girl who does. not. clean. Anything. EVER. I am the LEAST domestic woman you will ever meet. I don't clean. I didn't cook---At the time, I couldn't so much as scramble an egg. I was like, "WTF??!!" as I walked on stage to receive my award. My teacher whispered that it was because of the children's book I had written as a class project for her. Well, that was just great, because I could hear my mom CACKLING from the back of the auditorium. If you knew me, you'd be laughing your ass off back there with her too. For my last few days of school, all I heard from my friends was, "Hey! Bake me some MUFFINS!"
6. Last time I got on the scale it said 155!! Yay me.
7. I bought a pair of jeans at Costco the other day without even trying them on. Gasp. Hey, this is risky people. I got them home and they FIT. OMG. You can take your panties off now.
8. Those jeans were a size 12P and I think if I didn't have so much saggy tummy skin, I'd be even smaller because the jeans are loose in the butt and thighs.
9. Family portraits are scheduled in a couple weeks and for the first time in YEARS, I'm excited about it and not dreading it.
10. Well dang. All I could come up with were 9 things.