ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

10 Things Thursday

Warning:  I don't have much of anything weight loss related to share.

1.  My husband went to Vegas last week to get some "continuing education."  This was the result:




The look on his face is pretty priceless, don't you think?

2.  My husband is currently looking for a new job.  Don't worry---he's still working.  This job search has nothing to do with the above photo hitting Facebook!  We've decided that it's important for our children to grow up with memories of cousins and grandparents.  So LOOKOUT.  We might be moving to Texas or Colorado.  He has two interviews set up in Pueblo, CO next week.  Exciting!!

3.  I have spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at houses on zillow.com and dreaming, trying to imagine us moving back to Colorado or Texas....

4.  It's that time of year!  Yarn, yarn, yarn.  Me loves.  Here is the right mitt I finished a few days ago.  The left one is still on the needles.




4.  Did you see that video of the Texas judge beating his daughter?  It was burning up the internet yesterday!  The mom in the video was one of my high school teachers.  It was appalling on so many levels.  Especially for me because I have so much respect for that woman (yes, despite the video).  She made a lasting impression on me (in a positive way) and it's hard to read so many comments on the internet about what a horrible mother she must be.  The mom and daughter appeared on The Today Show this morning:  click here if you want to see the interview.  Anyway, they are in my thoughts and prayers and I'd love it if you added them to your list too.

5.  Wow, this is random and totally inspired by #4.  When I was in high school, at the end of my senior year, when the school was giving out scholarships and awards, I got a very unexpected award from the teacher I just mentioned.  Let me preface it by saying that every subject had a "top student."  So, of course, the principal started with the smart people subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Calculus.  I did not get any of those.  Keep your panties on.  Then he got to the easy subjects.  When my teacher got up there to announce the "Home Ec Student of the Year," imagine my shock when she called my name.  ME!  Lee Ann!  The girl who does. not. clean.  Anything.  EVER.  I am the LEAST domestic woman you will ever meet.  I don't clean.  I didn't cook---At the time, I couldn't so much as scramble an egg.  I was like, "WTF??!!" as I walked on stage to receive my award.  My teacher whispered that it was because of the children's book I had written as a class project for her.  Well, that was just great, because I could hear my mom CACKLING from the back of the auditorium.  If you knew me, you'd be laughing your ass off back there with her too.  For my last few days of school, all I heard from my friends was, "Hey!  Bake me some MUFFINS!"

6.  Last time I got on the scale it said 155!!  Yay me.  

7.  I bought a pair of jeans at Costco the other day without even trying them on.  Gasp.  Hey, this is risky people.  I got them home and they FIT.  OMG.  You can take your panties off now.

8.  Those jeans were a size 12P and I think if I didn't have so much saggy tummy skin, I'd be even smaller because the jeans are loose in the butt and thighs.

9.  Family portraits are scheduled in a couple weeks and for the first time in YEARS, I'm excited about it and not dreading it.

10.  Well dang.  All I could come up with were 9 things.

15 comments:

  1. OMG those boobies look PAINFULLY large!!! lol your husbands face is completely freaking hilar!!!

    YES, I just watched the beating video tonight with D... we were both just in shock and disgust... what a HORRIBLE man and that poor poor girl... she has to be so screwed up now...

    1-freaking-fifty-five?!?! holy amazeballs woman!!! WTG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started my 'kind of' second scarf ever last night! (first one didn't go so well) I messed up twice on the K and P rhythm, but it's all good. I would freaking die if i could knit like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I let my panties on! Only because I am at work! But OMG those boobs are scary!

    How exciting about moving! Pain in the ass but it gives you the chance to start over! New house, new space, new memories!

    I saw that video yesterday! Insane!

    155 is my goal weight. I am between 20-25 lbs from hitting that goal! Yay

    ReplyDelete
  4. When i saw those videos, I was sort of like, "Yeah, been there done that..." She was lucky enought to have gotten proof on video. What a fucking douche moneky and the mother was no better, although she was in such a horrible situation herself, she was brainwashed too. That being said, she still allowed the behavior, so she is no saint herself. Sorry to hear that she was your respected teacher, but allowing abuse to occur is just as bad as doing it yourself. One of the reasons I really don't like my own mother very much.

    But I digress. I love the fact you bought the pants without trying them on and they fit. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a pair of socks that I knit in the same stitch pattern as your gloves...to bad the colors aren't the same or they could be a set!!

    And that picture of your husband...OMG, the look on his face is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for moving to CO or TX!! :D

    And I couldn't believe that video. Ugh! It must be very confusing to know that teacher and then to see her beating her disabled daughter... I mean, shit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never lost my panties! Keeping fingers crossed that your Hubby finds a new job he loves!

    12P...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't watch the video, but I heard the sounds from the kitchen and turned it off. I then wrote to the news channel and told them how disappointed I was that they aired something so disturbing. To tell the news is one thing, but what a horrible thing to air for anyone to see. I think an explanation and story would have been fine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1) OMG...that picture of your hubby is hilarious! 2) Move to Texas! :) 3) I saw that story on the Today show yesterday. That's crazy that she was your teacher. I'll keep that family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BOOBS! Geez, I miss mine . . .

    I have heard about the video but do not intend to watch it - it was from years ago?! That is sketchy to me.

    I love random shopping at Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to show my husband that pic, and he now cannot wait to go to Vegas! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lee Ann....
    Well, you can't move anywhere until we get together again! Love the jeans story! Those Vegas boobs are definitely BIG! They actually look painful (to have!). Hope your hubby wasn't injured....8-)
    As far as the story about the judge....ugh I watched it earlier in the week and was sickened. There are no words. My heart just ached. It must be difficult for you knowing the impression the teacher made on you and now having this peek into her life. Definitely prayers are needed.
    BTW....I got a Trader Joe's right here in my little neighborhood! Happy day!
    Sounds like life is full at your house....best of luck with it all.
    Although I don't post much (always in a HUGE hurry)...I do stop by to check on you!
    Onward!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! I laughed out loud when I read about your mom cackling from the back of the gym, haha! Oh, I can imagine. I am also wholly undomesticated. Some people take pride in a well-organized, well-kept home. I admire those people, but am not one of them. :)

    Good for you on the untried-on Costco jeans! It takes a leap of faith, for sure. And it's funny how bodies are so different - I am at 163-ish and bought 6Ps from Costco (they are the Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda ones, though, and quite stretchy!). I am trying so hard to get into the 150s - my weight loss seems fairly stuck right now. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! That photo of your honey is hilarious!! hahaaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was fun to read-- am I dumb, are those boobs real???

    ReplyDelete