ticker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, April 25, 2013

making changes

My life is a circus.  I tell you, it's that third baby!

I love her, she's precious, and I wouldn't trade her for Eric Church, but it's like this:  I used to have two hands.  One boy in each hand.  But baby number 3 is like throwing a third ball at me and I CAN'T JUGGLE for sh*t.  I am just not that coordinated.

It's all I can do to wake up at 5:30 am, nurse Gracie, get the boys up and dressed.  And get us all out of the door by 6:40!!  Then I rush them off to day care.  Get to work at 7:30.  Leave at 4:30.  Pick them up.  Get home at 5:30.

Then:  nurse hungry baby, referee two little boys, cook dinner, force boys to EAT said dinner, spoon feed baby girl, hose boys off in shower, put them in bed, catch my breath.....

It's a circus.  But I love it.

Exhausting.  But I love it.

I decided to make some changes though, because I knew I was putting myself last.

After 7 months, that's how old my sweet Gracie is, I still had not had ONE, not ONE, purposeful workout.

My hubby works even earlier than I do, so morning workouts were not an option. Evenings were not an option bc dinner doesn't fix itself.  Boys don't get bathed and put to bed by magic fairies.

By the time my kids are in bed at 8pm, I have no desire WHATSOEVER, to workout.  Plus, that is the only hour per day that my husband and I see each other.

Enough 'scuses, right?

So I chopped my work day!

Yep, as of this week, I get off between 1:30-2:00.  I headed straight for the park and walked for an hour every day so far.  It felt so good.

Heck, I might even start jogging.

Right now my weight is bouncing between 141-143.  I would SO LOVE IT if I could get to the lower 130's.  Maybe I CAN, now that purposeful exercise is part of the equation.  I say "purposeful" because I easily walk 8,000 steps a day at work and lift heavy people.

You know what though?  I'm so thankful for where I'm at right now.  This surgery has given me my life back.  There is no way, I mean NO WAY, I would've EVER had the energy to live this circus before losing some serious weight.  Part of that is because my job as an occupational therapist is so physically demanding...but so is motherhood.  My body is now able to keep up with the demands of both jobs now and I really couldn't do it all before.  I feel so blessed.

Got my face lasered a month ago. And now I'm all healed up!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you!

    You are an amazing woman! I am so proud of you!


    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen you post on a while. You look incredible!!!! And congrats on the baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Motherhood and working and well....LIFE....is exhausting!
    You look gorgeous!
    Onward!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lee Ann,
    I just discovered your blog and I am LOVING your posts! I'm having the sleeve done in the next couple months. :) Your success is inspiring. Thanks for sharing your experiences!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete